We are committed to treating data privacy seriously. It is important that you know exactly what we do with your Personal Information.
WHO WE ARE
This Website and the brand Nykd is owned and operated by Nykaa Fashion Private Limited, having its principal place of business in India. Nykaa Fashion Private Limited is a company incorporated and registered under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office 104, Vasan Udyog Bhavan, Sun Mill Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013.Nykaa Fashion Private Limited is engaged in the business of facilitating selling, marketing, and retailing through the clothes / garments (“Business”) through the e-commerce website developed and owned by Nykaa Fashion Private Limited and its affiliates or offline stores / events to conduct its Business.
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our”, “ours”, “Nykaa Fashion”, “Nykd” refers toNykaa Fashion Private Limited . Wherever we have said ‘you’ or ‘your’ or ‘Customer’, this means YOU (a user of the website).
We commit to protecting your privacy and hence our Personal Information handling practices are continually reviewed to ensure compliance with Indian Applicable laws.
PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED
The information we learn and gather from you, personal or otherwise, is used to register you, verify your identity to permit you to use the Website, undertake transactions (including to facilitate and process payments), communicate with you, convey any promotional offers, services or updates associated with Nykd, and generally maintain your accounts with us. Further, we also use this information to customize your experience and improve Nykd.
Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you provide while using the website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use the website. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as opening your account, processing your transactions, responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
Information We Collect About You:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Services. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
Information From Other Sources:
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Categories of Personal Information collected and processed by us are as follows;
Demographic & Identity data
- Contact details such as name, email address, contact number, shipping address, country, date of birth, and profile picture.
- Open data and public records such as information about YOU that is openly available on the internet.
- Details such as Transaction amount, bank name, card number, and card type.
Online Identifiers and other Technical Data
- Location details such as data we get about your location, IP address, logs, or from where you connect a computer to the internet.
- Technical details such as device information, location, and network carrier when you use our website from a mobile device.
- Communication details such as the Metadata and other Personal Information we get from communications done through e-mails, SMS, instant messages, and calls.
- Usage data details such as data about how you use our website or web-based properties, pages viewed, etc.
Purposes of Gathering Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services. These purposes include:
Purchase and Delivery of Products and Services
- We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
Provide, Troubleshoot and Improve Nykd
- We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our Website. .
Recommendations and Personalization
- We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with us. .
Communicate With You
- We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Nykd via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat). .
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKERS USED BY OUR DIGITAL PROPERTIES
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Similarly, there are other types of trackers used. These are used to make Websites & Apps work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website/ App.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Your Personal Information is used to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at:
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
Links to the Privacy Policies of some of the third-party service providers used by our application are given below:
- Form Builder
We may disclose your information to third parties service providers, and you hereby consent to such disclosure. We have appropriate contracts in place with our third-party partners. This means that they cannot do anything with your Personal Information which is outside of the scope permitted by us.
We might also disclose your Personal Information to appropriate authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security, or technical issues, or to protect our rights or the rights of those who use our products & services.
Reasons for disclosing your Personal Information to other parties:
We may disclose your Personal Information to others where it is lawful to do so including where we or they:
- need to provide you with products or services
- where you have initiated a payment
- have a legal obligation to do so, e.g., to assist with detecting and preventing fraud,
- have requirement in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests
- have a legitimate business reason for doing so
- want to send you information and promotional material regarding our products and services,
- have asked you for your consent to share it, and you’ve agreed
- Improve your online experience for using our product.
Disclosure to other third parties:
We may disclose your Personal Information for the above purposes to other parties including:
- Other group companies and any subcontractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide services to us or group companies (including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors, and officers)
- Law Enforcement Authorities, Government Authorities, courts, dispute resolution bodies, our regulators, auditors, and any party appointed or requested by our regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities
- Statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities (including the government) investigating agencies and entities or persons, to whom or before whom it is mandatory to disclose the Personal Information as per the applicable law, courts, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities and tribunals, arbitrators, and arbitration tribunals
- Overseas regulators
- Anybody else that we’ve been instructed to share your Personal Information with by you
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
You understand and accept that these countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) laws relating to the degree of confidentiality afforded to the information it holds and that such information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process. In addition, a number of countries have agreements with other countries providing for exchange of information for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission and deletion. We ensure that the third parties who provide services to us under appropriate contracts, take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information in line with our policies.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF DATA
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website is directed to be used by adults only. If you are not an adult, while you may look at our site, you should not make a purchase, register, or submit Personal Information to us. We or our associates /affiliates do not knowingly collect information from minors.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER
We understand that when you interact with Nykaa Fashion, you have rights over your Personal Information. These rights involve providing reasonable steps to allow you to access your personal Information, correct any errors among others. In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or have unresolved concerns, you can get in touch with us to resolve the issue by means of firstname.lastname@example.org
CUSTOMER GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL POLICY
Customer satisfaction is one of the key focus areas and an integral part of Nykd’s founding principles and business policies. We strongly believe that Customer satisfaction is the most important factor in the growth and development of our business and hence, at Nykd we have adopted Customer centricity as a priority in developing our business processes. This Customer Grievance Redressal Policy summarises and outlines the framework for addressing Customer grievances.
The objective of this Grievance Policy is to provide a framework:
- to ensure provision of timely and effective resolution of issues raised by Customers.
- to keep Customers informed about the manner in which they can reach out to us to resolve their queries and grievances.
PRINCIPLES GOVERNING THE GRIEVANCE POLICY
Policy on grievance redressal is governed by the following principles:
- Customers shall be treated fairly at all times.
- Issues raised by Customers are always attended with courtesy and in time.
- Customers are provided with effective and satisfactory resolution within a reasonable time period.
- Customers are fully informed of avenues to escalate their issues/ grievances if they are not fully satisfied with the response to their complaints.
Any Customer can reach out to our Customer Support team/ representative by writing to us at email@example.com
Given below are the contact details, name and designation of the Grievance Officer of Nykaa. This information is provided in accordance with applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under and the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020:
Name: Mr. Rahul Kumar
Address: Nykaa Fashion Private. Ltd. 104, Vasan Udyog Bhavan, Sun Mill Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEED TO KNOW:
- Nykaa Fashion DOES NOT solicit confidential details like your OTP/CVV/PIN/Card Number/ Bank account details through any means. Nykaa Fashion never calls users/customers with offers, discounts on products and offering free gifts.
- Scamsters/fraudsters attempt various techniques such as ‘phishing’, to contact, influence and defraud consumers. Nykaa Fashion regularly cautions its customers against sharing any personal or payment sensitive information with unknown persons as such sharing leads to unauthorized use and/or fraud and consequent financial loss.
- Nykaa Fashion shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or expense incurred by a Customer where the Customer has shared personal and/or payment sensitive information with scamsters/fraudsters.
- We also request and encourage our Customers to report such attempts or incidents to our Grievance officer (or Customer care) to enable us to investigate and explore legal recourse.
- Nykaa relies on payment partners and banks. In certain cases involving payment/refund issues, we might see a delay as that is beyond our control once we pass the investigation to them however, we try our best not to exceed timelines stated in this policy
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy under applicable laws and regulations, you could reach us at: email@example.com
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES